Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 9, 2009


This is an alligator. We went to Brazos Bend State Park because it was warm out and I was hoping we would see some alligators. We saw several, at least 7 or 8, 4 of them being over 6 feet long. Alligators live in the park and are in the water all through the park. They really won't bother people unless they feel threatened or they see food. It is a truly awesome experience to be with them in their habitat instead of them being behind a fence in a pretend habitat in the zoo. This guy was about 4 feet long and he was about 5 or 6 feet away from us in the water. Cool, huh?

I had to add the following photo because I couldn't decide. It's a picture of me and my dad with the kids by the tree I always take a picture by every time we go to this park.

No comments:

Post a Comment